Areas Affected: Eastern Lassen County; Greater Lake Tahoe and Truckee Area; Southern Mono County; Surprise Valley California; Western Lassen, Eastern Plumas, and Eastern Sierra Counties
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY AFTERNOON
THROUGH MONDAY EVENING FOR GUSTY WINDS AND LOW HUMIDITY FOR
WESTERN NEVADA...THE EASTERN SIERRA...AND NORTHEAST CALIFORNIA...
* Affected Area...Fire Zone 270 Surprise Valley California, Fire Zone 271 Western Lassen, Eastern Plumas, and Eastern Sierra Counties, Fire Zone 272 Greater Lake Tahoe and Truckee Area, Fire Zone 274 Southern Mono County, Fire Zone 278 Eastern Lassen County, Fire Zone 420 Northern Sierra Front including Carson City, Douglas, Storey, Southern Washoe, Western Lyon, and Far Southern Lassen Counties, Fire Zone 421 Southern Sierra Front including Alpine, Northern Mono, Southern Lyon, and Western Mineral Counties, Fire Zone 423 West Humboldt Basin in Pershing County, Fire Zone 429 Lahontan Basin including Churchill and Eastern Mineral Counties and Fire Zone 458 Northern Washoe County.
* Winds...Southwest to West 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Humidity...10-15% along and east of US-395. 15-20% west of US- 395.
* Duration...3 to 6 hours.
* Impacts...The combination of gusty winds and low humidity can cause fire to rapidly grow in size and intensity before first responders can contain them.
Avoid outdoor activities that can cause a spark near dry vegetation, such as yard work, target shooting, or campfires. Follow local fire restrictions. Check weather.gov/reno for updates and livingwithfire.info for preparedness tips.
Areas Affected: Modoc County Except for the Surprise Valley
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY MORNING THROUGH SUNDAY
EVENING FOR STRONG GUSTY WIND WITH LOW RH FOR FIRE WEATHER
ZONES 285...624 AND 625...
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a Fire Weather
Watch...which is in effect from Sunday morning through Sunday
* Impacts: Strong, gusty wind with low relative humidity and critically dry vegetation will greatly increase the spread potential of any new and existing fires.
* Affected area: In Northern CA Fire Zone........Eastern 285. In South Central OR Fire Zones..Southeast 624... Southern 625. This includes the Cougar Peak Wildfire.
* Wind: Southwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Humidity: As low as 9 percent.
* View the hazard area in detail at: https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mfr/HAZARD Precautionary/preparedness actions... If you have not packed your evacuation kit yet, now is the time to do so. This includes items like important documents and essentials you cannot live without. Fill your vehicle`s fuel tank. Visit ready.gov/kit for more information. Plan now to avoid using equipment that could cause sparks during the period when critical weather conditions are possible. Visit weather.gov/medford/wildfire for links to fire restrictions in your area. A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions are possible during the valid watch time. These conditions could promote the rapid spread of wildfires which could become life- threatening. Check weather.gov/medford for forecast updates and a possible upgrade of the this watch to a Red Flag Warning. &&