Areas Affected: Western Klamath National Forest
...Gusty east winds and low humidities Sunday night into Monday...
.With an upper ridge building over the region this weekend, a
trough of low pressure will deepen along the coast, bringing gusty
northeast to east winds. Gusty winds with poor humidity recoveries
will be on higher elevation in the southern coastal ranges Sunday
night. Humidities will lower further Monday with gusty east winds
remaining from the coastal ranges and inland to Cascades at mostly
higher elevations, but humidities are indicating higher from the
Cascades and eastward at this time on Monday. Winds are NOT
expected to be as strong as the east wind event that occured almost
three weeks ago, but even with the recent rainfall precautions
such as avoiding ANY fires, and taking precautions when using power
tools and driving and parking offroad should be taken both during
and before the Sunday Monday time frame.
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY MORNING THROUGH MONDAY
EVENING FOR STRONG GUSTY WIND WITH LOW RH FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES
280 AND 622...
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a Fire Weather
Watch...which is in effect from Monday morning through Monday
* Impacts: East winds, poor relative humidity recovery, and high fire danger will likely contribute to a significant spread of new and existing fires and Strong, gusty wind with low relative humidity and high fire danger will likely contribute to a significant spread of new and existing fires.
* Affected area: In Northern CA Fire Zone....Higher elevations north and west of the Scott Valley in 280 including the Slater and Devil Fires. In Southwest OR Fire Zone....Higher elevations in 622, including the South Obenchain fire.
* Wind: East 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Humidity: As low as 12 percent.
* View the hazard area in detail at: https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mfr/HAZARD Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible Red Flag Warnings. &&