Areas Affected: Central Sacramento Valley including Glenn, Colusa, Yuba, Northern Sutter, Butte County Below 1000 Ft; E Mendocino NF; Eastern Portion of Shasta, Trinity NF; Northern Sacramento Valley to Southern Tehama County Line Below 1000 Ft; Northern Sierra Foothills
...Breezy North Winds and Low Relative Humidities Thursday
Afternoon through Saturday Morning...
.Dry conditions combined with breezy to strong north winds will
bring increased fire weather concerns Thursday afternoon into
early Saturday. Daytime humidities will be low with poor humidity
recoveries. The wildland fuels are driest at the lower
elevations, where there has been less precipitation over the last
month. Therefore, the watch will be in effect below the 2000 foot
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY AFTERNOON
THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING FOR GUSTY WIND AND LOW HUMIDITY FOR FIRE
WEATHER ZONES 213, 215, 216, 217, 263, 266, AND 279...
* AFFECTED AREA...Portions of northern and central Sacramento Valley and adjacent foothills.
* WIND...North wind 10 to 20 mph with gusts to 35 mph.
* HUMIDITY...Minimum humidity 10 to 20 percent during the day, poor recoveries overnight of 30 to 40 percent; locally lower.
* HIGHEST THREAT...Western side of the Sacramento Valley, where the highest wind gusts and poor humidity recovery are expected.
* IMPACTS...Any grass fires that develop will likely spread rapidly. Outdoor burning is not recommended. Interact with us via social media www.facebook.com/nws.sacramento www.twitter.com/nwssacramento
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible Red Flag Warnings.