Areas Affected: Central Siskiyou County; South Central Siskiyou County; Western Siskiyou County
...FREEZE WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM TO 9 AM PDT THURSDAY...
* WHAT...Sub-freezing temperatures between 20 and 30 degrees expected.
* WHERE...The valleys of western, central, and south central Siskiyou County, including Yreka, Weed, Mount Shasta City, McCloud, Etna, Klamath River, Seiad Valley, and Happy Camp.
* WHEN...From 2 AM to 9 AM PDT Thursday.
* IMPACTS...Frost and freeze conditions will kill unprotected crops and sensitive vegetation, and may damage unprotected outdoor plumbing.
* View the hazard area in detail at https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mfr/HAZARD
Take steps now to protect tender plants from the cold. To prevent freezing and possible bursting of outdoor water pipes they should be wrapped, drained, or allowed to drip slowly. Those that have in-ground sprinkler systems should drain them and cover above- ground pipes to protect them from freezing.
Areas Affected: Hoopa; Interior Mendocino; North Coast; Trinity; Van Duzen, Mad River; W Mendocino NF, E Mendocino Unit
...PERIODS OF CRITICAL FIRE WEATHER CONDITIONS EXPECTED THIS
.Gusty north to northeast winds are forecast to continue over
southeastern Lake County tonight. Poor humidity recoveries
combined with these gusty winds will support a locally critical
fire weather threat. Additional critical fire weather conditions
will be possible Wednesday night through Friday morning across a
larger portion of interior northwest California.
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY EVENING
THROUGH FRIDAY MORNING...
* AFFECTED AREA...Fire weather zones 201, 211, 212, 276, 277, and 283.
* WIND...North to northeast winds 10 to 20 mph with gusts from 20 to 40 mph. Strongest winds across exposed ridges.
* HUMIDITY...Afternoon humidity values in the teens followed by overnight recoveries from 20 to 40 percent.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly. Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible Red Flag Warnings.
Areas Affected: Western Klamath National Forest
...East Winds could cause decreasing humidities and recoveriess...
.East winds across the Kalmiopsis and Marble Mountains will
continue to dry conditions out this week. A more pronounced east
wind event on Thursday may bring critical fire weather conditions
to portions of western Siskyiou County, including to the Red
Salmon and Slater Fires.
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY MORNING THROUGH
FRIDAY MORNING FOR EAST WIND WITH POOR OVERNIGHT RH RECOVERY FOR
FIRE WEATHER ZONES 280 AND 621...
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a Fire Weather
Watch...which is in effect from Thursday morning through Friday
* Impacts: East winds, poor relative humidity recovery, and high fire danger will likely contribute to a significant spread of new and existing fires.
* Affected area: Mid to upper slopes and ridges of western Siskiyou County, including fire weather zone 280 in California and portions of fire weather zone 621 in Oregon. This includes both the Slater and Red Salmon fires.
* Wind: Northeast 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Humidity: As low as 18 percent. Moderate to locally poor recoveries are expected Thursday night.
* View the hazard area in detail at: https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mfr/HAZARD Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible Red Flag Warnings. &&