Areas Affected: Modoc County
...HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM PST THIS
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM PST SATURDAY...
* WHAT...For the High Wind Warning, west winds 30 to 40 mph with gusts up to 60 mph. For the Wind Advisory, west winds 20 to 35 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* WHERE...For the Wind Advisory, the Warner Mountains including Cedar Pass on Highway 299, Highway 31 from Paisley to Summer Lake, and high terrain areas, expanding Friday morning to include most of Highway 31 and portions of Highway 140 from Bly Mountain eastward. For the High Wind Warning, Highway 31 near Summer Lake and areas from the Christmas Valley eastward to include Route 395 at Alkali Lake.
* WHEN...For the High Wind Warning, until 7 PM PST this evening. For the Wind Advisory, until 4 AM PST Saturday.
* IMPACTS...Damaging winds may blow down trees and power lines. Travel will be difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Light snow or dust mixed with strong winds may produce periods of lower visibility. Use caution and allow extra time to reach your destination in case of poor driving conditions.
* View the hazard area in detail at https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mfr/HAZARD
People should avoid being outside in forested areas and around trees and branches. Use caution if you must drive.