Areas Affected: Western Klamath National Forest
...Gusty east winds and low humidities Sunday night into Monday...
.With an upper ridge building over the region this weekend, a
trough of low pressure will deepen along the coast, bringing gusty
northeast to east winds. Gusty winds with poor humidity recoveries
will develop on higher elevation areas in the southern coastal
ranges, Siskiyous and western Siskiyou County Sunday night.
Humidities will lower further Monday with gusty east winds
remaining from the coastal ranges and inland to Cascades at mostly
higher elevations. Also gusty east to southeast winds and low
humidity are expected in the southern Rogue Valley in Jackson
County during the day Monday. Winds are NOT expected to be as
strong as the east wind event that occured almost three weeks ago,
but even with the recent rainfall precautions such as avoiding ANY
fires, and taking precautions when using power tools and driving
and parking offroad should be taken both during and before the
Sunday and Monday time frame. Winds will lower Monday night but
expect continued hot and dry weather through Thursday.
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH NOW IN EFFECT FROM LATE SUNDAY NIGHT THROUGH
MONDAY EVENING FOR FOR EAST WIND WITH POOR OVERNIGHT RH
RECOVERY AND STRONG GUSTY WIND WITH LOW RH FOR FIRE WEATHER
* Impacts: East winds, poor relative humidity recovery, and high fire danger will likely contribute to a significant spread of new and existing fires and Strong, gusty wind with low relative humidity and high fire danger will likely contribute to a significant spread of new and existing fires.
* Affected area: In Northern CA Fire Zone....Higher elevations north and west of the Scott Valley in 280 including the Slater and Devil Fires.
* Wind: East 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Humidity: Sunday night recoveries of 20 to 25 percent ridges. Monday as low as 10 percent.
* View the hazard area in detail at: https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mfr/HAZARD