...FLOOD ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 1045 PM PDT THIS EVENING...
* WHAT...Small stream flooding caused by excessive rainfall is
* WHERE...A portion of northern California, including the following
counties, Butte and Tehama along highway 32.
* WHEN...Until 1045 PM PDT.
* IMPACTS...Minor flooding in low-lying and poor drainage areas.
Rises in small streams and normally dry arroyos. Water over
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- At 445 PM PDT, Doppler radar indicated heavy rain due to
thunderstorms. This will cause small stream flooding.
- Radar estimates that 1 to 2 inches of rain has fallen over
the past hour.
- Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Butte Meadows and Mill Creek.
Turn around, don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
In hilly terrain there are hundreds of low water crossings which are
potentially dangerous in heavy rain. Do not attempt to cross flooded
roads. Find an alternate route.