Skip to main content
You have permission to edit this article.
Edit

Firefighters: Tuesday morning structure fire started by cigarette

  • Updated
  • 0
Firefighters: Tuesday morning structure fire started by cigarette

REDDING, Calif. - A structure fire that was started by a cigarette was extinguished early Tuesday morning in Redding, according to the Redding Fire Department.

Firefighters responded to the 2100 block of Waldon St. at about 4:11 a.m. and said they found an exterior fire that made it into an attic.

The Redding Fire Department said they were able to contain the fire within 20 minutes and prevent it from spreading through the structure.

Firefighters stayed at the scene for two hours to mop up.

According to fire crews, the fire was started by a cigarette that was not disposed of properly.

There were four people in the building and there were no injuries reported.

Recommended for you