CHICO, Calif. -- Chico State men's basketball team moved from eight hours of practice a week to twenty in preparation for the upcoming season.
The Wildcats are coming off a 9-14 season and this year it recruited four players, including three guards and one forward.
The Wildcats say the focus for these next few weeks of practice is conditioning, chemistry, and finding their role within' the team.
"People are starting to figure out their roles and what they need to do in order for us to win," said Brooks. "That's pivotal if we want to win games and when the season comes around and it gets to January and February, we want to win games."
"I'm trying to keep an open mind on that," said head coach Greg Clink. "There's some new guys. I told the team on our first meeting that [positions] are up for grabs. I said, 'just because you started last year doesn't mean that you have that locked down this year and we go into every year really trying to do that and keep an open mind."
The Wildcats will start game play in a Cardinal vs. White Scrimmage. That's set for October 26. Following that scrimmage, the Wildcats will hit the road for two exhibition games in Arizona. The first game will be against Arizona Christian University and then against D1 University of Arizona.
- Wildcats prepare for upcoming basketball season
- Wildcat soccer standout
- Chico State Women's volleyball upcoming season
- Wildcat women drop Humboldt State 70-58
- Wildcat women defeat Cal State LA 64-55
- Wildcat women bounce Dominguez Hills 74-57
- Wildcat women top Cal Poly Pomona 71-59
- Wildcat women fall to Humboldt State 69-60
- Wildcat women top East Bay 70-64
- Wildcats Ready to Host Conference Games