Chico state men's soccer team has allowed only three goals in six games this season. The wildcat defense has been solid, but there's one standout player whose impact has been unique and his name is Garrett Hogbin.
Head Coach Felipe Restrepo says, “…he's kind of a pulse for us right so everyone's following in his footsteps and that's why you see a collaborative and a good team effort.”
“I have to say Garrett Hogbin, he’s just a tremendous player and one of the best defenders I’ve ever played with,” said Goalkeeper Jose Paredes.
Hogbin isn’t just a supreme defender. He also leads the team with four goals this season.
“I like getting around the goal we've had some really good service from our wingers and our outside backs and it's kind of just fallen right to me.” Hogbin adds, “I try and each time I get an opportunity I try and take it and I've done well with the ones I've gotten.”
The Wildcats are in the middle of a four game stretch with all matches on the road. They take on Humboldt State this Friday afternoon at 3pm PT.
- Wildcat soccer standout
- Wildcats prepare for playoffs
- Wildcats earn fourth seed
- Butte football standout Lakiem Williams picks Syracuse
- Wildcat women drop Humboldt State 70-58
- Wildcat women defeat Cal State LA 64-55
- Wildcat women bounce Dominguez Hills 74-57
- Wildcat women top Cal Poly Pomona 71-59
- Wildcat women fall to Humboldt State 69-60
- Wildcat women top East Bay 70-64