LOS MOLINOS, Calif. --
"Everything he does, he blows me away every day," said Los Molinos' Athletic Director Jame Humphrey. "He's by far the best student-athlete that's ever been at Los molinos High School."
Ty Isaksen is a standout basketball and baseball player. The senior had a dominant pitching performance over Fall River in last season's baseball section finals. He shut his opponent out in the final three innings to win 5-4.
"This year knock on wood he'll win first team All-League again in baseball and he will be the first student-athlete ever to be a four time First Team All-League athlete in two sports," said Humphrey.
Ty is a big reason why the Bulldogs are tied for first in the Five Star basketball standings this season. He leads his team with an average of 17 points per game.
"Its been a nice ride," said Isaksen. "I've really enjoyed my time here at Los Molinos, baseball, basketball and the sports that I've played have taught me a lot of things inside and outside of the classroom."
Ty may pitch straight K's on the mound, but he gets straight A's in college course classes at L.M.
"He had to drop out of a few high school classes. He has a five period day right now because if he took a high school class, it would actually lower his GPA," said Humphrey.
Ty has a 4.75 GPA. He hopes to major in kinesiology or psychology in college.
- Subway Scholar Athlete of the Week: Ty Isaksen
- Subway Scholar Athlete of the Week: Ty Thomas
- Subway Scholar Athlete - Tyler Reynolds
- Subway Scholar Athlete - Tyler Hafner
- Subway Scholar Athlete - Mariela Galvan
- Subway Scholar Athlete - Noah Zoppi
- Subway Scholar Athlete - Rodney Kincaid
- Subway Scholar Athlete - Bailey Sulzer
- Subway Scholar Athlete - Treyson Keating
- Subway Scholar Athlete - Jesse Miller