CHICO, Calif. --
Jake Kremer is a shooting guard for the Pleasant Valley’s boys’ basketball team.
“I value [my shot] because that’s what colleges are looking at with me so I never like to go two days without shooting,” said Kremer.
The senior leads the Vikings in scoring with 429 points in 32 games. He averages 14 points per game.
Head Coach Tim Keating says he can always count on him from the perimeter.
“He spends hours in the gym shooting that same boring shot over and over, but for younger kids coming up to be a good shooter, you got to shoot that ball over and over and over, work on your form, detail,” said Keating.
He says Kremer leads by example and that’s why he nominated Kremer as this week’s Subway Scholar Athlete.
“He’s a great kid, he’s a super nice kid. His teammates love him to death, super smart in the classroom, and that comes from his family bringing him up to become a good academic person,” said Keating.
Kremer has a 4.55 GPA and hopes to play and go to California Institute of Technology.
“I just love the idea that you can develop yourself and invest in yourself and use it for your future,” said Kremer.
He wants to become an engineer and focus on either mechanical engineering or aerospace in college.
“I’m not super proud yet, because I haven’t gotten into the college that I want to get into yet but if I accomplish that then I’ll be proud of myself,” said Kremer.
- Subway Scholar Athlete of the Week: Jake Kremer
- Subway Scholar Athlete - Noah Zoppi
- Subway Scholar Athlete - Tony Rogers
- Subway Scholar Athlete - Tyler Reynolds
- Subway Scholar Athlete - Tyler Hafner
- Subway Scholar Athlete - Mariela Galvan
- Subway Scholar Athlete - Rodney Kincaid
- Subway Scholar Athlete - Bailey Sulzer
- Subway Scholar Athlete - Treyson Keating
- Subway Scholar Athlete - Jesse Miller