LOS MOLINOS, Calif. -- My dad and mom come to a lot of games from down in central California where football and sports is a really big deal and my dad, after our first game when we beat San Lorenzo he's like, ‘you're going to get that kid killed. You're giving him the ball way too much’ and I was like ‘you don't understand, the more we give him the ball the better he is. He's literally a workhorse,” said Los Molinos’ head coach James Humphrey.
Hunter Landingham proved Humphrey right when it comes to giving him the football. The senior put up elite numbers this season with 2,400 rushing yards with 18 touchdowns.
“I just like to run downhill,” said Landingham. I see a hole and hit it hard as I can and every now and then you'll get a time you'll look up and you can make some moves and go somewhere else but I just try to hit the hole as hard as I can and get a few yards at a time.”
Landingham is also a leader in the locker room who puts up big numbers in the classroom posting a 4.3 GPA.
“Grades come first,” said Landingham. “You always got to do your homework before you mess around and throw the football around. You got to do that stuff first.
“It's been a great four years. I couldn't ask for a better team, better coaching staff, better friends and family to be there for me, honestly.”
“He's in my weight lifting class and he lifts every day,” said Humphrey. “He tries to get everybody else to follow in his footsteps by that and that's one of those things that's huge, having that leadership.”
Hunter says he's keeping his options open between junior college and a four-year university with hopes of making the football team wherever he goes.
- Subway Scholar Athlete of the Week: Hunter Landingham
- Subway Scholar Athlete - Hunter Casperson
- Subway Scholar Athlete - Tyler Reynolds
- Subway Scholar Athlete - Tyler Hafner
- Subway Scholar Athlete - Mariela Galvan
- Subway Scholar Athlete - Noah Zoppi
- Subway Scholar Athlete - Rodney Kincaid
- Subway Scholar Athlete - Bailey Sulzer
- Subway Scholar Athlete - Treyson Keating
- Subway Scholar Athlete - Jesse Miller