Not even a high-ankle sprain is enough to keep senior Devin Toth out of the weight room. His football season just ended, but his finals year of athletics is far from over.
Wrestling season is next and with that, a whole body transformation.
"There's days where it's harder than others, but you try not to think about it," said Toth. "But yeah it gets difficult especially during school, you're tired and grumpy all the time."
Following wrestling season, Toth will start track and field. He does all of this while he boasts a 3.9 GPA.
"It's just something that he believes in," said athletic director John Studer. "Being a good student, being the best student that he can and he works really hard at it. To not just be you know a good student but a great student and that's just the same mentality he has in athletics whether it's football or wrestling or track and field he goes out and he works hard at it and wants to be the best he could possibly be.
The senior Cardinal also coaches youth football on what's supposed to be his down time. Something he's very passionate about.
"When I was a kid playing football, seeing the high school students coaching me I thought they were the best guys in the world," said Toth. "I wanted to be a role model for the kids like that. It's rewarding seeing all the hard work they put in and them winning on the field and just being a part of that."
- Subway Scholar Athlete of the Week: Devin Toth
- Subway Scholar Athlete - Tyler Hafner
- Subway Scholar Athlete - Mariela Galvan
- Subway Scholar Athlete - Noah Zoppi
- Subway Scholar Athlete - Rodney Kincaid
- Subway Scholar Athlete - Bailey Sulzer
- Subway Scholar Athlete - Treyson Keating
- Subway Scholar Athlete - Jesse Miller
- Subway Scholar Athlete - Hunter Casperson
- Subway Scholar Athlete - Tony Rogers