CHICO, Calif. - Audrey Bull started swimming almost five years ago with the Redding Ducks.
Fast forward to today, she dominates as one of four female freshmen varsity swimmers on the Wolves squad.
Not bad, considering she also has straight A’s.
Head Swim Coach Jim Stack, who is also Audrey’s biology teacher, thinks she has become one of the top three swimmers in the section regardless of age.
“She is the top kid in my class, she's a phenomenal student, great attitude, great effort,” Stack adds, “all those things you want in a student as well as an athlete so she carries over her skills and talents from the pool to the classroom."
Whether it's in the water or in the classroom, she's become one of Shasta High's best student-athletes. Although Bull says she is “just going along for the ride,” and, "liking high school so far,” she has her sights set on swimming at the next level.
“It'd be really cool to make it to Olympic trials one day or, like the national team," said Bull. "I really want to swim for a college one day, that'd be really cool.”
That’s why she’s our Subway Scholar Athlete of the Week.
- Subway Scholar Athlete of the Week: Audrey Bull
- Subway Scholar Athlete - Tyler Reynolds
- Subway Scholar Athlete - Tyler Hafner
- Subway Scholar Athlete - Mariela Galvan
- Subway Scholar Athlete - Noah Zoppi
- Subway Scholar Athlete - Rodney Kincaid
- Subway Scholar Athlete - Bailey Sulzer
- Subway Scholar Athlete - Treyson Keating
- Subway Scholar Athlete - Jesse Miller
- Subway Scholar Athlete - Morgan Avrit