CHICO, Calif. - A 19-year-old athlete from Pleasant Valley High School was drafted by the Houston Astros on Tuesday.
Colin Barber, 18, of Chico, was the 136 pick in the 2019 Major League Baseball Draft.
Barber is a part of the Top 200 Prospects List.
The league announced the picks via Twitter on Tuesday.
With the 136th pick of the 2019 #MLBDraft, the @Astros select Pleasant Valley HS (CA) OF Colin Barber, No. 172 on @MLBPipeline's Top 200 Prospects list: https://t.co/OHooNdL3XW pic.twitter.com/zuCqixN08T
— MLB Draft (@MLBDraft) June 4, 2019
- Pleasant Valley High School athlete drafted by Houston Astros
- Almond Bowl: Pleasant Valley High
- Pleasant Valley High School gets new scoreboard
- Pleasant Valley High School Football Preview
- Pleasant Valley Gala
- Pleasant Valley High introduces freshman baseball
- Play of the Week: Pleasant Valley High
- McCloud High School reinstates athletics
- Pleasant Valley High volleyball players place in Junior Olympics
- Pleasant Valley girls knock off Enterprise 62-52