PARADISE, Calif. -- Paradise High is back on the practice field after taking a big win over Williams on Friday night in its first game back.
In front of a record-setting 5,000 fans, the Bobcats defeated Williams 42-0.
"It's relieving because there was a lot of hype and everybody was stressed out about the first game," said Paradise senior Blake White.
"It was nerve-wrecking with all the people there, but we played our game and executed the way we've been practicing," said Paradise senior Samuel Giggs. "Once we did that we were good, we just didnt focus on the crowd. We just focused on ourselves and playing our game.
I'm just looking forward to playing with my brothers. It's my last year, we're all just trying to have fun and enjoy every second of it."
"We're going to practice the same and just as hard," said Paradise senior Caleb Bass. "Our phrase of the week is 'the grind don't stop,' so our grind is not stopping."
The Bobcats will hit the road to East Nicolaus on Friday and will be back to host Gridley September 6.
- Paradise Footballs looks ahead to season
- Paradise High Football prepares for season
- Paradise's football season ends in section championship game
- Paradise High School Football Preview
- Gridley football prepares for season
- Paradise High kicks off annual football camp
- ESPN to release documentary on Paradise football
- Paradise High Football Coach Talks About Decision to Call Off Season
- Paradise High freshman football team holds reunion to mark perfect season
- Chico High Football prepare for season