PARADISE, Calif. -- The Paradise High athletics department is still picking up the pieces left from the Camp Fire, and even the pieces from before.
For example, the weight room. It got pushed down the priority list after the Camp Fire. A lot of the equipment, seats and weights have not been replaced since the 1970s.
But, athletic Director Anne Stearns says her student-athletes deserve a safer weight room.
"For everything that they've been through and everything that they've worked toward this year, they just really deserve something nice," said Stearns.
Paradise High will be holding a raffle to raise money for their weight room and teams. They will be giving away a Can-Am Ryker.
If you would like to donate, Paradise High School has created a PayPal account at ParadiseHS.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paradise Athletics hopes to upgrade facilities
- Paradise High hopes to rebuild athletic facilities
- Paradise Athletics affected by coronavirus
- Roadrunners Upgrade
- Paradise Volleyball hopes to bounce back
- Paradise High School Resumes Athletic Competition Following Camp Fire
- Paradise High School students attend Oakland Athletics Game
- Coaching Hope
- Paradise suspensions upheld
- 2019 Paradise Football season