OROVILLE, Calif. -- The Oroville Tigers finished last season in the Butte View league 2-3. They faced Sutter in the first round of playoffs but were knocked out by the league champs.
Head Coach Steven Steinmann says this season his team carries experience and the desire to compete against Sutter again and win.
"We're competing for positions," said Steinmann. "We have a lot of depth right now. It's nice to see competition during practice time and hopefully it will breed its way onto the football field on Friday nights."
"I just see how much we want to play the game, be a family and do what it takes to be that team to win every game we possibly can," said senior quarterback Troy Moench.
Thirteen players returned this season and are now fighting for that starting spot.
The Tigers will play their first game on September 6th against Marysville.
- Oroville High prepares for football season
- Chico High Football prepare for season
- Paradise High Football prepares for season
- Orland High prepares for football season
- Gridley football prepares for season
- Butte College prepares for football season
- 2019 Paradise Football season
- Chico High Football Preview
- Roadrunner Football prepares for Week One
- Butte football prepares for conference play