ORLAND, Calif. -- Orland High School started a raffle to help their athletic program and the winner recieved a brand new car Thursday.
Orland High School partnered with West Mitsubishi Motors to help gift a 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse. Orland students worked hard to raise over 38,000 dollars worth in raffle tickets to help their athletic programs.
"When they came to me I saw the need to step up to the plate," said Gary R. Campbell, the dealer principal at West Mitsubishi.
Campbell said he wanted to keep kids in sports and out of trouble.
"The dealership is a strong supporter of the local community," Campbell added.
The money goes directly to Orland High School athletes and the Trojan Booster Club to give back to high school athletic programs.
Orland High School also donated ten percent of the proceeds to Paradise High School to help Camp Fire survivors.
- Orland High School Car Fundraiser
- Orland High School Football Preview
- Las Plumas High and Orland High Basketball Squads Square Off
- Chico High boy's basketball team defeats Orland 65-32
- Corning boy's basketball team defeats Orland 63-34
- Orland Wrestling Club hosts Spider Patch Invitational
- Corning boy's soccer team blanks Orland 1-0
- Las Plumas girls down Orland 58-53
- Orland's Aldrick Rosas talks Pro Bowl Selection
- Orland boy's soccer team downs Lassen 7-1 in D2 playoffs