NCAA President Mark Emmert says NCAA Division I basketball tournament games will not be open to the general public because of concerns about the spread of coronavirus.
Emmert says he made the decision to conduct both the men's and women's tournaments with only essential staff and limited family in attendance.
The decision comes after the NCAA's COVID-19 advisory panel recommended against playing sporting events open to the general public.
The tournaments begin next week.
- Only essential staff and limited family at NCAA tournaments
- Chico State men left out of NCAA Tournament
- CIF State Wrestling Tournament
- The NCAA is canceling March Madness
- Limited eyesight doesn't deter local female wrestler
- Family & Basketball
- Chico State Drops Opener at NCAA Softball Championship Finals
- Chico State Softball Team Eliminated from NCAA Championship Finals
- Joe Rios Memorial Tournament: Day 1 Highlights
- Joe Rios tournament culminates with championship bouts