CHICO, Calif. -- The Nor Cal Roller Girls are rolling into their sixth season at Cal Skate and are looking to recruit experienced and inexperienced players.
The team is looking for women 18-years-old and olders.
“It’s hard. You have to get used to embracing the worst parts... the falling, the pain. It’s a lot on your body," said Tabatha "Shotgun Shorty" Porter. "We have skaters who can’t do it more than five years, but have skaters who can skate for 20-30 years.”
The team competes in the Women's Flat Track Derby Association. They play against teams from all over California and the western region. Their season runs from January to November.
They say the team is a great way to stay physical and meet new people.
“It's wonderful exercise. It allows me to use that competitive side of me that I haven’t gotten to use in a long time and it’s just really fun," said Kim Jacobi. "We have formed a comradery here."
The team will have a recruitment at Mountain Mikes on August 27th at 7 p.m.
The team will also have a bout on August 24th at Cal Skate at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $12 at the door for people over 13-years-old. Children who are three-years-old to twelve are $6 and kids under three-years-old are free.
- Nor Cal Roller Girls to recruit new players
- Nor Cal Roller Girls win home opener
- Father-daughter duo recruits all-girl skate crew
- Chico State roller hockey club preparing for home tournament
- Chico State roller hockey club team falls to UCSB 5-4
- PV softball player Elle Smith signs with Cal St. San Bernardino
- Wildcat women defeat Cal State LA 64-55
- Wildcat women top Cal Poly Pomona 71-59
- Chico State men's basketball team preps for Cal State LA
- Chico State men knock off Cal State LA 76-66