PARADISE, Calif. -- Paradise High School is finally getting a new gym. The district broke ground on Monday afternoon.
In late November, the Board of Trustees approved the contract with Ginno Construction.
The new gym will be about 16,500 square feet. It will include locker rooms, concession stands, bleachers, restrooms, a trophy room and six basketball hoops.
The new gym will be located where the tennis courts are now.
"Just knowing that it's actually finally happening," said School Board President, Mike Greer. "I know a lot of people in town say, 'yeah right, we've heard this before,' Well now we have the tractor here and we have things happening and they will see it actually take place. So we will be able to have enough room for our students to have a couple of teams and have practice on campus."
The board also approved a contract to repair Camp Fire related damage to the track and softball field.
This will include grass, sprinklers, lights, dugouts and a handicap ramp.
The new gym will be complete by November 2020.
- Construction begins on Paradise High gym
- Paradise High is getting a new gym
- Lord's Gym Mud Run
- Paradise High School Football Preview
- Gym owners turn to virtual classes
- Paradise High kicks off annual football camp
- Paradise High hopes to rebuild athletic facilities
- Paradise High Football prepares for season
- Chico State knocks off rival Humboldt State at Acker Gym
- Paradise High School Basketball Teams Play On Despite Camp Fire