Chico, Calif.-- Chico local runner Alys DiMercurio is headed to the Boston Marathon.
She’s a medical assistant who has dedicated her life to helping and healing others.
DiMercurio works at Oroville Hospital and volunteers at Shalom Free Clinic.
An addiction survivor, DiMercurio was inspired to pursue a career as a Healer by her own experiences receiving care and support.
DiMercurio says running is a way to heal and a way to connect to her own vitality; she’s completed four marathons and 17 half marathons.
- Chico runner headed to the Boston Marathon
- Chico State distance runner dies in car crash
- LP distance runner Brian Hastings signs with Chico State
- PV and Chico cheerleading squads heading to nationals
- Chico High appoints Hensley to head volleyball coach
- Chico High field hockey trio headed to Earlham College
- Chico State softball team headed to College World Series
- Chico native Nahshon Garrett is heading to the World Wrestling Championships
- PV boys basketball team wins state title, girls finish as runners up
- Dusty Baker visits Chico