CHICO, Calif. --
The Chico Superkats say they are more than ready for its upcoming season.
"We should be a playoff team. Our team stacks up pretty much against anybody. We've got at least thirteen D-I players and we've got eight players from overseas, so we're a team to be reckoned with," said player Danjour Clark.
The Chico Superkats held tryouts in Chico in early August and this past weekend in Sacramento
While hundreds hoped to make the new ABA team, only sixteen made the final roster.
The team's season starts on October 26. They will hit the road to face the Oaktown Warriors.
The team would also like to mention they are willing to do community service.
For a month now, the team has been helping out with Marsh Jr. High School's basketball try-outs.
"We enjoy what we do. We know we're in a really good position to be able to come out and help as much as we can and volunteer. It's all about the next generation and to give something that we didn't have, any of these players didn't have growing up," said head coach Dennis Berryman.
- Chico Superkats' final roster
- Chico Superkats release schedule
- Chico Superkats: Family & Basketball
- Chico Superkats to hold tryouts
- Chico Superkats judge Marsh Jr. High tryouts
- Tickets on sale for Chico Superkats
- Chico Heat Cancel Regular Season Finale
- Chico State women knock off SFSU in final seconds
- Chico State Drops Opener at NCAA Softball Championship Finals
- Chico State Softball Team Eliminated from NCAA Championship Finals