OROVILLE, Calif. -- The Butte College football team is coming off a bye after improving to 3-2 overall. The Roadrunners will begin conference play this week.
The Roadrunners lost two games straight before pulling off a win over the CCCAA defending champions in Laney College.
The bye week allowed the team to reflect, rest and make some adjustments.
"We were a really raw team earlier in the season and we had to work on a lot of discipline during bye week,"said Adonis Williams. "Coming off a win against Laney was really big because it showed that we were making changes in the heat of the season, game week. So, having two weeks off to prepare for conference play really helped."
"It could be good and bad," said head coach Rob Snelling. "Maybe just too much time off, guys felt that on Monday when we were back in practice, running and doing everything, but it was defnitely much needed for some guys to get healthy and get us in the spot where we want to make a push for conference."
The Roadrunners will open conference play on the road this Saturday when they face Feather River College.
- Butte football prepares for conference play
- Butte College Football Team Remains Perfect in Conference Play
- Butte College prepares for football season
- Butte College football preview
- Butte vs Laney Football
- Butte football record broken
- Butte vs. Shasta football
- Butte College Football Players Sign to Play at 4-year Schools
- Butte football team prepares for State Center Bowl
- Butte College Wins Big in Conference Opener