PARADISE, Calif. - Nov. 8 was a day for Camp Fire survivors to come together, share memories and support the ridge a year after the Camp Fire.
"Seeing all the people come back, and the love and the inspirational speeches, and it just lifted me," said survivor Tracy Bliss.
It took a lot of strength within herself, Bliss said, to make it to the Camp Fire commemoration ceremony.
Bliss lost her home in the fire and since then, she says she'd been struggling with anxiety as the one year mark approaches but she says seeing familiar faces and what her town feels like is helping.
"I feel like I can move forward now and today has truly been a day of healing," said Bliss. "It's been amazing."
"I'm feeling so uplifted about the town spirit, about the town I live in and all the people who have turned out today," said survivor Bob Morrow.
Morrow said his town has come a lot further than he expected.
"I'm just totally encouraged by what's been happening the past year and what we see as our future," said Morrow.
Other survivors, like Davyn Hurst, just wanted to be there to show gratitude to first responders.
"I would like to say thank you for keeping everyone that you could safe and keeping my grandpa safe and keeping my home safe," said Hurst.
Remembrance, recovery and resurgence are what the night was all about.
Artwork by Camp Fire survivors was showcased, commemorating the journey that they've been on and documenting where they'll be going from here.
"The community getting together and rallying together as one. United, that is a good word for Paradise: United," said survivor Angela Alford.
It is said the Hope Plaza memorial will be finished sometime next year.
- Survivors talk Camp Fire recovery and remembrance
- Covering the Camp Fire - trailer
- Camp Fire: Aerial Map of Areas Affected
- The Paradise Chamber of Commerce all Camp Fire related events
- The future of insurance in the Camp Fire burn scar
- IN MEMORIAM: A tribute to the Camp Fire victims
- One year later, community members share memories from Camp Fire
- New evacuation warnings one year after the Camp Fire
- Rising From The Ashes: A Camp Fire Special
- Paradise Police and Fire Chiefs talk about the future of their departments