Nathan Chen is the first skater in history to cleanly execute five quadruple jumps in a free skate. His scored a personal best 215.08 points in the segment, bringing his overall score up to 297.35 after a disappointing short program.
Chen is already an Olympic bronze medalist at the PyeongChang Games for his participation in the team event.
- Redemption for Nathan Chen as he lands five clean quads in his free skate
- Nathan Chen: Figure skating superstar, NBA superfan
- Olympic men's figure skating preview: Clean quads are the key
- Evolution of figure skating's quad jump
- Nathan Chen, Knierims land U.S. contingent in second place after team event
- Nathan Chen down but not out, focusing on the future
- The Podium Day 9: Nathan Chen's rebound; Jonny Moseley's influence
- Nathan Chen describes ‘emotional roller coaster’ of PyeongChang
- Zaccardi: Chen, Rippon close PyeongChang Olympics with redemption, serenity
- What you missed in PyeongChang last night: Nathan Chen falls short in team competition