Canada and Team OAR are already guaranteed two of the four semifinal spots in mixed doubles curling, but three others teams - Switzerland, Norway and China - will be fighting it out tonight for the other two.
Norway will play China at 7:05 p.m. in both teams’ final games of round robin play. If Norway wins, they will automatically reach the semifinals along with Switzerland. If China defeats Norway, however, they would force a tiebreak game to be played Sunday morning at 6:05 a.m. EST.
The two teams that would play in the potential tiebreak game will depend on Switzerland’s game against Team OAR Saturday night. Switzerland is guaranteed at least a spot in the tiebreaker, and automatically makes the semifinals with a win.
The United States, Korea and Finland have all be eliminated from medal contention.
Canada is guaranteed the No. 1 seed in the semifinals. Team OAR could end up in any of the other 2-4 seeds based on Saturday night's games.
Here is the full schedule for Saturday night’s games, all beginning at 7:05 p.m.
USA (2-4) vs. Finland (0-6)
Norway (4-2) vs. China (3-3)
Switzerland (4-2) vs. Team OAR (4-2)
Canada (5-1) vs. Korea (2-4)
The first semifinal game will be played at 7:05 p.m. EST Sunday. The second semifinal will be played at 6:05 a.m. EST Monday.
- What to watch in mixed doubles round robin finale
- What to watch in mixed doubles curling semifinals
- Switzerland remains unbeaten in mixed doubles curling with final shot victory over Team USA
- Sweden men, women lead the pack in curling round robin play
- Team USA falls to Finland, finishes PyeongChang mixed doubles play
- Norway advances to mixed doubles semifinals with win over China
- Canada defeats Norway, heads to mixed doubles Gold Medal Game
- Switzerland clinches spot in mixed doubles gold medal game
- OAR wins the bronze medal in mixed doubles curling
- Canada wins first ever mixed doubles curling gold