UPDATE: 10 a.m. Friday, April 3, 2020 - Sutter County has reported its first coronavirus death, according to health officials.
As of Friday, Sutter County has 14 confirmed cases and Yuba County has eight confirmed coronavirus cases.
UPDATE 8 p.m. Wednesday, April 1, 2020 - Yuba-Sutter health officials say they have 22 confirmed cases in their area, three of which have been hospitalized.
Sutter County has the bulk of the cases with 14 of the 22.
SUTTER COUNTY, Calif. – Two Sutter County residents tested positive for coronavirus, according to the Yuba-Sutter Public Health.
Health Officer Dr. Phuong Luu said that community spread has been evident for several days in the bi-county region.
“The two Sutter County residents confirmed with COVID-19 should be a stark wakeup call for all living in both Yuba and Sutter counties that every household must adhere to all possible precautions to reduce the spread of this virus,” Dr. Luu said. “Community spread is very real here, and those who ignore the call to stay at home unless conducting essential services put everyone they meet at risk.”
The two individuals who tested positive have been notified and contact investigation completed, public health said. Both cases are also from community-transmission – similar to the previously reported three cases this past weekend.
Dr. Luu said each of these cases fit the definition of “community spread,” meaning they did not fit the typical “at-risk” criteria, such as having traveled recently or been a close contact of someone with laboratory-confirmed COVID-19.
For continuing coronavirus coverage, Click Here
- Sutter County confirms first coronavirus death
- Sutter County Election Results
- Yuba-Sutter Public Health reports two confirmed cases of COVID-19
- Sutter County serial killer dies at 85
- Sheriff: 1 man shot in Sutter County
- Sutter Co. Detectives investigating homicide, victim identified
- Sutter Health, California settle massive antitrust case
- Humboldt County confirms second coronavirus case
- Sutter County Fire Which Burned 1,000+ Acres Nearly Contained
- Motorcyclist arrested following chase, crash in Sutter County