YUBA COUNTY, Calif. - Two people died in a fatal collision in rural Yuba County on the afternoon of Feb. 28, according to CHP.
A 39-year-old woman of Oroville and a 22-year-old woman of Forbestown were traveling southbound of Frenchtown Road, south of Miracle Way around 1:30 p.m.
Through investigation, officials say they believe the 39-year-old was driving southbound into a curve at a high-speed.
When trying to navigate through, the 39-year-old crossed the center-divide and went into the northbound lane.
Officials say she overcorrected and lost control, leading her to strike a tree.
Both the 39-year-old driver and 22-year-old passenger died on the scene.
It is unknown if the woman was driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Names of the two women will be released pending next of kin notification.
- Yuba-Sutter CHP: Two dead in fatal collision in rural Yuba County
- Fatal Collision Leaves One Dead in Yuba City
- Pedestrian killed in Yuba County collision
- Yuba County Election Results
- Yuba Co. officials arrest man for Sutter Co. carjacking
- Yuba-Sutter Public Health reports two confirmed cases of COVID-19
- Tornado touchdown in Yuba County
- Yuba county declares state of emergency
- Two People Die in Yuba County Crash
- Yuba County K-9 retires from sheriff's department