SUTTER & YUBA COUNTIES, Calif. - Yuba and Sutter Counties worked together to arrest a man after they say he stole a vehicle then prompted a three-hour standoff.
It began just before 8 a.m. when the Sutter County Sheriff's Office and the CHP say they responded to Yuba City in regard to a victim having been held at gunpoint before the suspects, Austin Branch and Irene Acord, fled in his Ford Mustang.
Sutter County detectives took over the investigation and sent out a BOLO. Officials say the Mustang was spotted by Yuba County deputies in Marysville.
When they attempted to stop the car, officials say the driver, Branch, got out and fled on foot. Yuba County deputies followed Branch into an apartment complex in Marysville.
A SWAT team was called in because Branch was armed and considered dangerous. About three hours later, just after noon, he walked out and without further incident was arrested by Yuba County officials after saying they would deploy a K-9.
Branch and Acord were arrested for carjacking, unlawful taking of a vehicle and conspiracy. Branch also faces charges of robbery and assault with a deadly weapon.
- Yuba Co. officials arrest man for Sutter Co. carjacking
- Yuba-Sutter Public Health reports two confirmed cases of COVID-19
- Yuba-Sutter region health officials address surge capacity and their efforts to address COVID-19 patients
- Yuba-Sutter CHP: Two dead in fatal collision in rural Yuba County
- Redding Man Arrested for Attempted Carjacking
- Chico Police arrest man for attempted carjacking
- Sutter County Election Results
- Reports of shots fired at the Yuba-Sutter Fair unfounded: Police
- Yuba-Sutter COVID-19 Relief Task Force to assist residents over the age of 65
- Yuba-Sutter Health Officer issues new restrictions on stay-at-home order