SUTTER & YUBA COUNTIES, Calif. - Yuba and Sutter Counties worked together to arrest a man after they say he stole a vehicle then prompted a three-hour standoff.
It began just before 8 a.m. when the Sutter County Sheriff's Office and the CHP say they responded to Yuba City in regard to a victim having been held at gunpoint before the suspects, Austin Branch and Irene Acord, fled in his Ford Mustang.
Sutter County detectives took over the investigation and sent out a BOLO. Officials say the Mustang was spotted by Yuba County deputies in Marysville.
When they attempted to stop the car, officials say the driver, Branch, got out and fled on foot. Yuba County deputies followed Branch into an apartment complex in Marysville.
A SWAT team was called in because Branch was armed and considered dangerous. About three hours later, just after noon, he walked out and without further incident was arrested by Yuba County officials after saying they would deploy a K-9.
Branch and Acord were arrested for carjacking, unlawful taking of a vehicle and conspiracy. Branch also faces charges of robbery and assault with a deadly weapon.
- Yuba Co. officials arrest man for Sutter Co. carjacking
- Sutter County Election Results
- Redding Man Arrested for Attempted Carjacking
- Chico Police arrest man for attempted carjacking
- Reports of shots fired at the Yuba-Sutter Fair unfounded: Police
- Three Arrests in Armed Redding Carjacking
- Yuba County Election Results
- Arrests made in Yuba City double homicide
- Motorcyclist arrested following chase, crash in Sutter County
- Yuba City man arrested for sexually assaulting a minor