YUBA CITY, Calif. - 73-year-old Maria Esquibel was killed Friday night during a traffic collision on Highway 99 in Yuba City. Esquibel was a Yuba City resident.
Esquibel was driving a 2005 Chevy Malibu northbound on Highway 99 near Hunn Road on Oct. 12, at approximately 7 p.m.
According to the Yuba-Sutter California Highway Patrol (CHP), Esquibel drove her car across the double yellow lines into the front left side of a 2016 Toyota Camry driven by 24-year-old Vishal Masih, also of Yuba City.
Masih experienced minor injuries and was taken to a local emergency room. Esquibel died at the scene.
Both vehicles had major damage. Drugs and alcohol are not suspected to be factors in this fatal collision.
- Yuba City Woman Dies From Fatal Crash on Hwy 99
- Hwy 99 Crash Spike
- HWY 99 NOW OPEN: Fatal head on crash near Biggs blocking both lanes of Hwy 99
- CHP confirms fatal crash blocking both lanes of Hwy 99 near Hwy 162 junction
- One dead after head-on crash at northbound Hwy 99
- 3-Car Crash Slows Traffic on Hwy 99 near Corning
- Hwy 99 reopened after logging truck rollover
- Bicyclist Killed in Yuba City Crash
- GoFundMe page created for the woman who survived hwy 99 head-on crash
- Fatal Collision Leaves One Dead in Yuba City