The Yuba City Police Department is focusing on speeding drivers in Yuba City neighborhoods through the Neighborhood Speed Awareness Program.
The NSA program was designed to reduce speed in residential Yuba City neighborhoods through a combination of education and enforcement.
The program offers an alternative to court fines for speed violators in residential areas.
The Yuba City Police Department designed the program to inform drivers of the need for speed compliance.
Attendance in the class requires active participation by the students in an informative/interactive two hour session.
Information is given to the students on braking distances, vehicle load dynamics, vehicle verses bicycle/pedestrian injuries and collision prevention techniques.
Upon completion of the class the Yuba City Police Department nullifies the citation.
The program assures better driving habits through education and students are encouraged to talk to their friends/family about the class.
Drivers may choose to attend court to handle the citation in the traditional manner, however this program seeks to provide an economical alternative for drivers and change behavior through education.
Speed continues to be the leading primary collision factor for collisions in Yuba City.
The NSA program targets residential streets within the boundaries of the City of Yuba City with identified speeding problems and seeks to make the neighborhoods safer and increase the quality of life in the community.
For the month of December officers will be focusing on the residential Yuba City streets of Tharp Road between Bridge Street and Lassen Boulevard and Helen Avenue.
- Yuba City Police targets neighborhood speeders
- Oak Way resident says speeders endanger Chico neighborhood
- Yuba City Police: Veteran's Stolen Dog Returned
- Yuba County Election Results
- Yuba City facilities holiday closure schedule
- Yuba City Christmas Stroll road closures
- Yuba City 5th Street Bridge closure
- Yuba City road closures for 5K
- Yuba City commercial structure fire threatens home
- Yuba City 5th Street Bridge Sidewalk Closure