YUBA CITY, Calif. - In an effort to combat drunk and impaired driving, the Yuba City Police Department is putting together a "Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over" campaign.
The national enforcement campaign will increase the number of officers on the road and stop suspected drunk or drug-impaired drivers and motorcyclists.
The campaign is taking place between August 17 and Sept 3, leading up to Labor Day, a holiday weekend that is one of the deadliest times of the year in terms of alcohol-involved traffic deaths, according to the department.
The police department will have a special emphasis on DUI's during this 18-day mobilization to enforce all traffic violations by deploying DUI Saturation Patrols on the following dates:
- August 24 and August 25
- August 31
- Sept. 1-3
- Yuba City Police Department Cracks Down on Drunk Driving
- Police Department trading cards coming to Yuba City
- Yuba City Police targets neighborhood speeders
- Yuba City Police: Veteran's Stolen Dog Returned
- Yuba County K-9 retires from sheriff's department
- Law Enforcement Cracks Down on Distracted Driving
- Yuba County Election Results
- Yuba City Police warning residents of phone scam
- Yuba City Police Arrest Three in Connection to 2016 Murder
- Yuba City facilities holiday closure schedule