YUBA CITY, Calif. - The Yuba City Police Department has arrested two men in connection to a sword fight, which left one man with injuries to his face and leg.
On Nov. 4, around 2:59 p.m., Officers were patrolling the Sikh Parade in the area of Butte House Road and Stabler Lane when they were flagged down with a report of a stabbing.
During the investigation, officers located several swords that had been discarded from people running from the scene.
The victim, who has not been identified, suffered injuries to his face and leg. The victim stated that an argument ensued between two groups of people. After the argument got heated, an unknown suspect struck him in the leg with a sword. As the victim tried to punch the suspect in self-defense, he was struck in the face with a sword.
Manpreet Singh, 35, of Sacramento, turned himself into the courts on Nov. 21 on a warrant charging attempted murder. Parmvir Singh Gosal, 39, of Tracy, turned himself in on Nov. 30 to the court on a warrant charging attempted murder and mayhem.
Both suspects have posted bail and are out of custody pending further court appearances.
A viewer sent Action News Now video of the scene.
The police department is still investigating the incident and attempting to identify the other people involved including potential witnesses and suspects.
- Yuba City Officers Arrest Suspects Involved in Alleged Sword Fight
- Yuba City Man Arrested for Alleged Sexual Assault
- Man arrested for brandishing sword, resisting arrest
- Yuba City Peace Officer Memorial Ceremony
- Yuba County Sheriff's Office Identifies Suspect Killed in Officer-Involved Shooting
- Arrests made in Yuba City double homicide
- Allegations of inappropriate conduct by teacher at Yuba City High
- Yuba County woman arrested, suspected of killing toddler
- Yuba City man arrested for sexually assaulting a minor
- Yuba City Police Arrest Three in Connection to 2016 Murder