WASHINGTON, D.C.—Your alarm clock could actually be a valid excuse to be late for work.
Scientists found that your old plug in clock could be losing or gaining few ticks over time.
They say a change from the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission is to blame.
Electric clocks keep time based on an electric current from the power grid.
Unfortunately the regulators have eliminated a requirement that forces power companies to keep that current on pace.
They say your clocks could be off by up to seven minutes.
- Your Electrical Clock Could be off by 7 Minutes
- Monca Presents ‘The Body Electric’
- California Gov. Jerry Brown to Lead Doomsday Clock Group
- Don't Forget to Change Your Clocks On Sunday
- More Americans Want Electric Cars, Survey Says
- A Proposed Program May Affect Electric Bills
- Gateway School District unveils electric school buses
- Marysville police arrest CVS robbery suspect in just a minute
- High schools along the ridge prepare for ‘Every 15 minutes’
- Every 15 Minutes campaign returns to Chico high schools