OROVILLE, Calif. - Authorities said a wrong-way driver was arrested for driving under the influence, as well as child endangerment charges Tuesday morning.
The CHP said it got a call around 2:13 a.m. on Tuesday with reports of a wrong-way driver traveling southbound on Highway 70, approaching Cox Lane in the northbound lanes.
The reporting party remained behind the suspect until CHP officers arrived near the scene.
Officers saw the car traveling south on the shoulder of the northbound lanes without headlights on.
The officer stopped Douglas Hope, 34, and placed him under arrest for driving under the influence.
Hope had his three-year-old child sitting in the back seat unsecured during the incident.
He was also booked on additional child endangerment charges as well as possession of a controlled substance.
- Wrong-way driver arrested on DUI, child endangerment charges
- Redding Man Charged with Child Endangerment Following Hostage Situation
- Arcata Police arrest woman on felony child endangerment
- Suspected DUI driver arrested in Chico
- Driver facing DUI charges after crashing off bridge in Chico
- Tulelake couple accused of keeping children in 'cages' will not face child endangerment charges
- DUI arrest while another DUI driver hits a patrol vehicle nearby
- Suspected DUI driver rams LA patrol cars
- Woman arrested on DUI charges after car rollover
- Man arrested on DUI charges after hitting biker in Oroville