(WHO) Police say Matthew Golden was traveling east on Interstate 80, when he heard an Amber alert for two missing children from Toronto, Iowa.
The car described in the Amber Alert was a silver sedan. Despite this description, Golden spotted a white panel van and decided that he had found the vehicle authorities were searching for.
"After ramming the vehicle probably more than once, he gets out of the vehicle and begins giving commands to the driver, and then he fires two rounds at him," Chief Stallman said.
The driver of the panel van was uninjured. Police say none of Golden's choices were correct.
Read More: http://bit.ly/2K3hVC1
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- CHP CALLING ARREST AN 'UNUSUAL INCIDENT'
- CHICO SAVEMART ROBBERY ARREST
- BUTTE COUNTY’S MOST WANTED CRIMINALS
- Wrong Amber Alert Suspect Attacked
- Amber Alert Issued for 13-year-old Wisconsin Girl After Parents Found Dead
- The Voice's Amber Sauer Visits Hometown
- Wild Things Rescue visit Amber Grove Place
- Suspect arrested in fatal wrong way crash on Interstate 5
- Suspected wrong-way driver, crash causes delays on Highway 99
- Paradise man's wrongful conviction overturned
- Suspect arrested in Paradise for attacking girlfriend
- Suspect arrested in Oroville skateboard attack
- Wrong way crash victim's colleagues speak out