On March 17, 2018 at Simpson University, 350+ middle school girls and some parents/teachers will travel from schools in 11 North State counties to learn about rapidly growing careers in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) at the 14th AAUW Women in STEM Conference for 6th, 7th, and 8th Grade Girls” in the North State.
Registration is limited and the sessions are filling up fast. The last day to register is March 9th.
The event, which features interactive career workshops by 25+ local professional women in STEM careers, is designed to motivate North State girls to be innovative thinkers, and to educate and empower them to become the next generation in these career fields. (in which women are currently underrepresented). Career workshop topics include civil and quality engineering, aviation, coding, medical imaging, nursing, fish and wildlife biology, crime scene technology, dentistry and veterinary medicine. College Options will also be providing a workshop and information on how to find the right college for various careers, as well as scholarship and financial aid information.
The conference fee is only $20 per student, and $20 per teacher or parent who attends with the students.
- Women in Stem career conference in the north state
- North State Economic Forecast Conference
- 'Stem Ninjas' Inspire and Make Science Fun For North State Kids
- STEM Expo Celebrates Aspiring Scientists
- North State Women's Health Network holds 5th annual celebration Saturday
- North State Halloween Costumes
- 5 Arrested Stemming from Burglary Investigation
- North State Christmas Dinner Traditions
- North state residents seeking citizenship
- North State Memorial Day Events