UPDATE 1/16/2018 2:51 p.m.
The woman killed was Amanda Mayberry. She was 40 years old and a Butte County resident.
A bicyclist is dead after being hit by two vehicles, one of them pinning the pedestrian upon arrival of officers, according to Paradise police.
Paradise police said that officers responded to the intersection of Elliot Road and Almond Street about 7:09 p.m. Friday on a report of a vehicle versus bicyclist.
Upon arrival, officers found a woman pinned under a vehicle and was later pronounced dead at the scene.
Paradise police said that a preliminary investigation determined the woman was riding a bicycle in the eastbound lane of Elliot Road and was struck from behind by an eastbound motorist, identified as 70-year-old Donna Mikel.
The force of the crash threw the bicyclist into the westbound lane where she was later struck by a westbound motorist, known as 21-year-old Jessica Raschka.
Paradise Police do not believe that speed or alcohol were factors in the collision.
The identity of the deceased woman is being withheld pending notification of next of kin.
Anyone with information regarding this crash is urged to call Paradise police.
- Woman killed after being struck by 2 vehicles
- Pedestrian Struck and Killed on I-5
- At least 10 vehicles struck by bullets in random shootings
- Redding Police: Pedestrian Struck by Two Vehicles on Highway 273
- Redding Bicyclist Seriously Hurt after Being Struck by Vehicle
- Update: Redding woman killed in solo vehicle rollover identified
- 1 Hospitalized with Moderate Injuries after Being Struck By Vehicle in Redding
- Pedestrian Struck in Redding Cross Walk
- 2 children killed after an LA County Sheriff vehicle crash
- Uber Self-Driving Vehicle Hits, Kills Pedestrian in Arizona