On December 6th around 10 p.m. Redding Police officers responded to a single car crash in the area of Hartnell Avenue and south of Shotwick Trail.
When officers arrived on scene a Plymouth Breeze was on its roof near the Hartnell Lift Station of the City of Redding Wastewater Utility system.
The investigation revealed the Plymouth was southbound on Hartnell Avenue when it left the road, flipped, and struck two transformers and an electrical box.
Rebecca Alexis Moxley 28 years old of Redding was located at the scene with injuries consistent with being in the vehicle.
She admitted to drinking and intentionally driving the Plymouth off the roadway.
Moxley was wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash and received minor lacerations and bruising.
She was evaluated at the scene and placed under arrest for driving under the influence of alcohol and driving with a BAC of .08% or higher.
She was taken to Shasta Regional Medical Center for precautionary medical clearance and was then booked into the Shasta County Jail.
Redding Electric Utility workers responded to the scene due to the damage to the electrical system and the fact that multiple residences and businesses in the area lost power due to the collision.
The Hartnell Lift Station was also temporarily out of service due to the loss of power. A generator was brought to the scene to restore wastewater services while repairs were underway.
- Woman arrested on DUI charges after car rollover
- Man arrested for DUI after I-5 rollover crash
- Chico woman arrested for DUI after three-car crash
- Woman arrested on DUI, hit and run charges
- DUI arrest retraction
- CHP officer arrested on DUI charges
- Paradise police arrest DUI suspect
- Woman faces murder charges stemming from fatal DUI
- Wrong-way driver arrested on DUI, child endangerment charges
- Man arrested on DUI charges after hitting biker in Oroville