REDDING, Calif. - On Nov. 18, 2018, at approximately 3:38 p.m., Shascom received a call from 57-year-old Kathryn Foster of Redding. Foster said she was following her white 1997 Honda Accord south on Highway 273 near Breslauer Lane, which she reported stolen on Nov. 9, 2018.
Foster continued to follow her vehicle while updating Shascom with her location. Foster told officers she lost sight of her vehicle in the area of Highway 273 and Girvan Rd.
Officers with the Redding Police Department arrived and began checking the area where the vehicle was last seen. Officers located the stolen vehicle parked in the Win-River Casino parking lot.
Officers contacted 41-year-old Roy Croft of Anderson, who was in the driver’s seat of the vehicle. Croft was cooperative, say police, and was detained at the scene.
During a search of the vehicle, officers found an aluminum baseball bat near the driver’s seat, along with a box of ammunition.
Police say Croft was also in possession of shaved keys, and a controlled substance. Croft is a convicted felon and is prohibited from possessing ammunition.
Croft was transported and booked into the Shasta County Jail for vehicle theft, possession of stolen property, possession of a controlled substance, possession of burglary tools, possession of a dangerous weapon, and being an ex-felon in possession of ammunition.
- Woman Tracks Down Stolen Car, Redding Police Arrest Suspect
- Police capture suspected shoplifters in stolen car
- Chico Police arrest stolen car suspect wearing victim's shoes
- Redding police arrest stabbing suspect
- Redding police arrest suspected prowler
- Suspects Arrested in Redding Police K-9 Poisoning
- Redding Police: Suspected Drug Dealer Arrest
- Redding police arrest Parkview stabbing suspect
- Red Bluff woman reunited with stolen dog
- Chico police chase, arrest suspected car burglar