BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - A woman who went into labor while escaping the Camp Fire has named her baby after the man who saved her.
The mother, Anastasia Skinner, started having contractions while she tried to escape the flames on the Skyway on Nov. 8.
She was stranded in a parking lot when Mickey Huber, an EMS worker, saved her.
Now, to thank him for saving her, she named her daughter Zoele Mickey Skinner after Huber.
Zoele was born on Dec. 12, and you can see Huber holding her two days after she was born in the photo.
Mickey Huber holds 2-day old Zoele Mickey Skinner. The baby was named after Mickey who rescued her mom when she went into labor on the Skyway during the #campfire. #buttecountysheriff #enloe #merrychristmas #disasterresponse #joytotheworld #ButteStrong #CALove #buttecounty pic.twitter.com/1gjMGCrvck
— Enloe Medical Center (@Enloe) December 18, 2018
- Woman Names Baby After Camp Fire Hero
- Most Popular Baby Names for 2018
- November 8 officially named Camp Fire Remembrance day
- November 8th named Camp Fire Remembrance Day in Butte County
- Honoring a Fallen Carr Fire Hero
- Camp Fire survivor RV fire
- Camp Fire Fund 2018
- Camp Fire: School Closures
- Camp Fire: Thanksgiving Together
- DONATE: Camp Fire Relief