CLOVER, S.C. - A South Carolina woman is being charged with murder after she allegedly poisoned her husband with eye drops.
Authorities say they found poisonous levels of a chemical commonly found in eye drops in his system.
Police say that Lana Clayton admitted to giving her husband of eight years the substance without his knowledge for several days by slipping it in his drink.
Sources say she is now being charged with murder.
- South Carolina Woman Suspected of Killing Husband with Eye Drops
- 14 Worms Pulled From Oregon Woman's Eye
- 1 Police Officer Killed, 6 Others Injured in South Carolina Shooting
- Suspect arrested for slashing husband's throat with folding knife
- Man Faces Murder Charge in Ambush of South Carolina Officers
- Winning Mega Millions Ticket Reported in South Carolina
- Plumas County Deputies Search for Eye-Stabbing Suspect
- Yuba County woman arrested, suspected of killing toddler
- Florence Kills 5, Including Infant, in North Carolina, Officials Say
- South Carolina train crash leaves at least 2 dead, 100 hurt