GRIDLEY, Calif. - A woman accused of hitting and killing a pedestrian in Gridley and then taking off, will be back in court Thursday.
Anne Marie Montez is due back in Butte County Superior Court, she’s expected to be sentenced at the hearing.
Montez previously plead not guilty to a felony charge for hit-and-run resulting in death.
The crash happened back on April 1, when Maria de Jesus Gomez, of Gridley, was hit.
It happened while she was walking in a crosswalk on Haskell Street, Gomez died the next day from her injuries.
Montez was later arrested for the crime, the SUV she was suspected of driving was found in Sacramento.
- Woman Accused of Gridley Fatal Hit-and-Run in Court Thursday
- Gridley Woman Pleads Not Guilty to Fatal Hit and Run
- Gridley Police Searching for Suspect in Fatal Hit and Run
- Fatal Hit and Run Reported in Oroville
- Gridley man saved woman from burning car
- Gridley Police Chief Resigns
- CHP: Fatal Accident South of Gridley, Vehicle in Ditch
- Gridley Hit-and-Run Driver Sentenced to 4 Months in Jail