NORTHERN CALIFORNIA - The winter storm pounding the North State with rain and snow is causing dangerous road conditions and forcing some road closures.
Caltrans is advising that a portion of Highway 70, a half a mile east of Jarbo Gap to U.S. 395, is closed.
The closure is due to multiple vehicle spinouts and winter weather conditions. There is no word yet on when that area will be reopened.
Additionally, Highway 80 near Truckee on the border between California and Nevada is closed with whiteout conditions and zero visibility.
Caltrans is reminding motorists to slow down and use extra caution due to the winter weather conditions. When driving in higher elevations, make sure to have a full tank of gas just in case you need to stop or get turned around.
You can check out the latest road closures and traffic conditions by CLICKING HERE.
- Winter Storm Causes Dangerous Conditions, Road Closures
- Winter weather creates dangerous road conditions in Shasta County
- Camp Fire: Road Closures and Traffic Conditions
- Storm Watch: Durham Road Closures and Flooding
- Storm Watch: Road Conditions in Shasta County
- Glenn County Road Closures
- Slick roads make for dangerous conditions across the North State
- All Roads Reopen in Butte County After Winter Weather Closures
- Town of Paradise road closure
- Labor Day Weekend Road Closures