Glenn County Calif.—The Willows-Glenn County Airport was closed and evacuated for most of the day due to a bomb scare that was related to a kidnapping and assault.
Roseville Police received a report Sunday from a woman who said she was forced at knifepoint to enter an RV.
She said that she was threatened and assaulted before escaping from her assailant.
CHP Officers saw the RV exiting Interstate 5 on Highway 162 around 10:30 a.m. Monday morning.
The driver fled from the RV after leaving it on a dirt road near Nancy’s Airport Café.
The man told officers during the arrest that he had rigged the RV to explode.
The Butte County Bomb Squad then investigated.
An employee of the Glenn County Public Works told us that the FFA allowed the airport to be reopened around 3 p.m. Monday afternoon.
Nancy’s Airport Café remains closed at this time.
- Willows-Glenn County Airport Shut Down for Bomb Scare
- Willows Man Dies After Car Overturns on Glenn-Colusa Canal
- Glenn County Election Results
- Glenn County Road Closures
- Glenn County Fair Preps
- Road closures in Glenn County
- Glenn County air pollution advisory
- Fatal Crash Victim in Glenn County Identified
- Glenn County Sheriff Arrests Drug Felon
- Butte & Glenn County Primary Election Results