SUSANVILLE, Calif. - The Lassen National Forest has announced that the public caution signs will be removed from Willow Lake after no harmful algal blooms toxins were detected in the lake.
The Saxitoxin values are lower than levels picked up during their pre-Labor Day assessment and the secondary indicators like visible bloom, discoloration, and scum are no longer evident, Lassen National Forest stated in a press release. The water has returned to its standard color, and its clarity has returned as well.
"Based on the evidence of the secondary triggers being gone, declining air and water temperatures, and the photoperiod decreasing, we are confident the bloom has subsided and we will be removing the caution signs at Willow Lake,” Leslie Ross, Forest Engineer, Lassen National Forest said.
- Willow Lake clear of toxic algae
- Whiskeytown National Recreation Area closes two ponds for toxic algae
- Blue Green Algae Bloom Found in Lake Oroville
- Algae bloom found in Horseshoe Lake at Upper Bidwell Park
- Officials lift caution advisory of algae blooms in Lake Oroville
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration is Warning Coastal States of Rise in Toxic Algae
- How to spot the toxic algae that's killing dogs in the Southeast
- Dog-killing toxic algae discovered in 3 New York City parks
- Willows DMV office closing for renovations
- National Flag Day Celebrated in Willows