SACRAMENTO, Calif. - There is now more financial protection for California victim’s wildfires.
Gov. Brown Tuesday signed into law a bill to strengthen consumer protections for homeowners after wildfires.
The State Insurance Commissioner says AB 1797 requires insurance companies to provide homeowners with updated replacement cost-estimates for their homes every other year or take inflation costs into consideration to calculate that figure.
- Wildfire Insurance Protections for California Fire Victims
- California Insurance Commissioner Candidates
- Paradise holds wildfire insurance meeting
- Insurance claims from California wildfires near $12 billion
- Insurance Claims from California Wildfires Hit $9 Billion
- PG&E reaches $11 billion deal with California wildfire insurers
- Trump to Meet with California Wildfire Victims
- Wildfire Recovery Meeting for Carr Fire Victims
- California governor signs wildfire bill to pay victims
- Gov. Brown Discusses California Wildfires